Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Have Totally Redeemed Myself!



For those of you who read this blog regularly (despite my recent neglect of it...), you may remember I wrote about my colossal parent fail last year, when I missed Clare's special performance for Grandparent's Day.  If you need a refresher on my failings, you can read about it here.

Well...the good news is that I MADE IT TO GRANDPARENT'S DAY!!!  We did it.  We were there.  Not only did I go, but I enlisted an entourage to join me.  Jonathan, Grampy and Oma-Oma were there, too (Oma and Grammie were unable to join us, but they were there in spirit).  Clare had a GANG of family to craft with, perform for, and show-off.  Redemption!






The sad part of this is that as Jonathan and I were sitting in the sanctuary waiting for the performance to begin, we realized that this is a HUGE event.  Last year she must have been so disappointed not to have anyone there to wave or sing to.

Well...we are moving forward friends.  My participation in today's festivities officially relieves me of the guilt I have been carrying for a year.  You will see that Clare is singing TO us...because we are there to sing to which I count as a major success!



No comments:

Post a Comment