Friday, May 11, 2012

Who Allows a Little Thing Like Pregnancy Stop Them?

What do most women do when they are over 8 months pregnant?  Go to Vegas, of course.


Alright, maybe going to Sin City isn't normal behavior in this time of maternal nesting, but I say if you aren't willing to lounge poolside sporting a horrifying maternity swim suit, then you aren't a real woman.  Now, I seriously doubt that I would be willing to waddle my 35+ week pregnant bum out to a pool if the reward for such behavior wasn't the ability to spend time with a few of our favorite people; Ron, Deborah and Cora, but that's besides the point.  

Once we got to the house it became very clear to me that the saying "Vegas baby" could have taken on a whole new meaning in this family.  Needless to say, I didn't have a baby while in Vegas (we hope to keep this one baking for a little longer), but that didn't stop Jonathan or me from nervously laughing off the potential for a drive home while in labor. 

Being with Ron, Deborah and Cora was such a treat that it would have been worth it to go into labor in Sin City.  I'm not sure that giving up my beach view in Newport Beach for a sandy view in Vegas during recovery would have been ideal, but let's face it, after having a baby, who's looking at the view outside the room anyway?


We had a chance to laugh, catch up and even heard the talented Miss Cora play her cello.  Let me tell you, she is a natural and I am both amazed at and proud of her indisputable talent.   Oh, and while we're on the subject of Cora, I need to continue bragging.  She is such a sweet person.  Clare is absolutely smitten with her, and Cora didn't seem to mind the fact that she had a short shadow over the weekend.  Cora even let Clare hang out with her while she had a friend over.  I don't know many almost 13 year olds who give up good weekend friend time to play with a two year old - and actually don't seem to mind at all.    Jonathan and I have had a couple of those moments when we've thought (and even said) that if our daughter grows up to be as genuinely good as the older kids in question, then we'll know we've done our jobs as parents.  Our time with Cora was one such moment.


We didn't take a whole lot of pictures, instead we focused on being in the moment and relaxing together (not that I have a hankering to be in a lot of pictures these days...), but let me tell you, we were treated like royalty and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of time spent with this wonderful family!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such fun with everyone... and we all know that Cora is a doll! Clare was looking very Vegas in those shades...better keep an eye on that one. ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post...and I am not surprised to hear what a darling Cora is. She has always been the sweetest little girl and I know she will be the same in her teen years. So glad you had a good time, and glad you got home in time (G)!!! Hugs and Happy Mother's Day. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sweet Cora. How I wish I could see them all more often. Beautifully written post, as always Jill. Love you and I am simply beside myself with the anticipation of my newest niece or nephew! Ahhhh. It's so soon now! XO

    ReplyDelete