In addition to that fun, over the past couple of weeks I've started feeling a little guilty about the fact that being pregnant the second time isn't quite the same as it was the first time. I am super excited to meet this baby - that hasn't changed. The difference is that when I was pregnant with Clare everything was so new, exciting, scary and amazing. This time, I know what's coming. Feeling the baby move is just as exciting and amazing, and nobody really looks forward to labor, so I'm normal there. It's just that the whole process is less...new. As a result, I find that I feel that Baby Dease has taken less of a starring role in this family in utero than Clare did (uh-oh, they're already fighting for attention...). Further, it has been pointed out to me that there has been a pretty glaring lack of "baby bump" pictures taken with this pregnancy. I've never been a big baby bump picture person (for myself...I LOVE seeing other people's), but I do like to capture the process a little bit, at least. To be honest, I think my guilt has been fueled by the fact that I'm realizing that we take pictures daily to memorialize this time in our lives, and I find I am in very few of them (by design)! :)
That brings us to today. While I can't stop myself from laundering everything in sight, scrubbing tile grout and door jambs to stop my need for clean or turn back time and re-live Clare's infancy to calm my weird nostalgia, I can take some bump pictures to alleviate my guilt. So without further ado, here are some shots of the bump...
![]() |
| 24 1/2 weeks pregnant |
![]() |
| 27 weeks pregnant |



You are the most calm and relaxed mommy to be I have even known. We can't wait to meet Baby D. I have to admit that ALL of us are so immersed and enthralled with Clare that it seems unreal to me too that there is a baby joining the family. But my arms can't wait to rock our newest baby and I know that Clare will be the sweetest and most enthusiastic big sister!!!!
ReplyDeleteLook how beautiful you are!!!! So glad to see these pictures and can't wait to see that baby! Don't worry, the new baby will be so different from your experiences with Clare that he/she will get PLENTY of attention in the years ahead. You will all be fine! Life is so good!
ReplyDeletexo