Sunday, August 14, 2011

A SWEET Shower for Stephanie

The heart that loved is always young. ~ Greek Proverb

We all celebrated when Jake asked Stephanie to marry him (...and Jonathan and I thought it was pretty cool that he popped the question on our wedding anniversary).  Not long after we learned Stephanie was going to be a member of the family, Mom and I started discussing what kind of shower we wanted to throw her.  As we brainstormed about what Stephanie would like, we thought about they type of person she is.  Steph is a classic girl; she doesn't like a lot of attention and she definitely isn't the type who would want anything over the top.


My aunt was kind enough to offer us the use of her beautiful home to host the shower (she was better located to accommodate drivers from all areas).  So, given all these different considerations, my mom, Cari (Stephanie's sister and maid-of-honor) and I decided that an early shower using fresh lavender as the main decor and a simple French countryside inspired brunch would be the ticket.   With that I designed the invitations and sent them out as early as possible to ensure that friends and family wouldn't be traveling and then made some thank you cards to match.


Not long after the invitations had been sent, Stephanie's sister-in-law Amber expressed interest in doing a "dessert table".  We realized that this would not be very "brunchy", but we figured that few people would complain about trading in a quiche for a lavender macaron and gladly accepted her invitation.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Amber is a professional baker, pastry cook, confectioner, so when I say dessert table, I really mean amazing decadent treats that make me salivate just thinking about!  As the day grew near and Amber sent the list of treats, we realized that this shower was going to be a sweet treat for all and cut our menu down to some french cheeses, breads, a berry medley and some simple tea sandwiches and let Amber's amazing creations take center-stage.




We provided iced tea, coffee, cucumber infused water and honey lavender lemonade, decorated with beautiful fresh lavender, simple fresh flowers and the most beautiful assortment of goodies one could imagine, and celebrated Stephanie and Jake's nuptials in style.


The kids (alright...Clare) played in the dogs water bowl, the adults enjoyed each other's company and Stephanie and Jake were spoiled with some amazing gifts, but mostly with an outpouring of love and support.



Thank you to all who helped make this a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. It was the perfect shower! I felt so lucky to be invited!

    ReplyDelete