Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Cutest Girl I Know

Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being.  ~Margaret Mead
I will preface my next statement with the acknowledgement that I'm beyond biased...but, you can't tell me that kiddo's come any cuter than mine.  She is just the most adorable little person I have ever clamped eyes on.  Perhaps my bold statement is a result of recently spending quality time with some people who couldn't agree more...the grandparents.  They like Clare so much that sometimes Jonathan and I have to remind them that she does in fact, cry, scream, throw tantrums, give attitude...basically that she's not actually perfect, she's just almost perfect.


We spent last weekend at my parents home with family and friends, working on my brother's wedding invitations and just generally enjoying each others company.  My mom brought out a little pool, plopped it solidly in the front courtyard and filled it up.  Let's just say, that pool made Clare the happiest kid on the block and we loved watching her splash around in pure joy.

Splish-splash
The simple joy of being young...
I don't know who's more content, Clare or Grammy
Cuddling with Grammy after some pool time may have been Clare's favorite part of the day. 
Even the dogs enjoyed watching Clare splash around
Monday, Jonathan's parents and Oma met us at Sherman Gardens in Corona Del Mar.  If you've never been, you should go.  The gardens are beautiful.

Oma-Oma shared some crackers with Clare
I think everyone enjoyed the gardens and the company
Oh, and before I sign off, we are excited to announce that after a month of just sitting on her big girl potty Clare is now actually using it every morning when she wakes up, so we think that potty training has officially begun.  I don't know if this will make life easier or a lot more difficult, but in any case, hip-hip-hooray!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Yes and Yes....the sweetest and the cutest girl ever!!! Time spent with Clare is pure joy. I cherish every moment!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete