Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Time to Play

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown 
I love the rain.  We don't see too much of it here in So Cal (which is probably why I love it), so when we do I consider it an opportunity to get cozy under a nice warm blanket, put my feet up and catch up on all my reading.  This "tradition" of mine worked perfectly until Clare became a toddler.  I realize that rain days aren't quite as fun for a little one as they are for this introspective mama.  So, when I saw my two girls going completely NUTS because we were trying to avoid getting caught in a downpour yesterday, I decided that we would head on out and make a run for it when the sprinkles turned to rain.  The ladies were definitely appreciative of my plan and played exclusively together for a long time.  I love my girls, but I'm beginning to get the impression that I am only a personal servant to them.  Clare has even taken over my prior role as Munich's frisbee thrower.  Oh well, I guess that means I can take a couple pictures in between my running after the "dynamic duo" in an effort to stop them from devising their sneaky plans that only end up getting them into trouble (like hiding Munich's leash, frisbee, ball, etc. from me just as it begins to pour).

Not a good sign, Clare has a very mischievous look in her eyes.

Body slamming the dog is a good indicator that I have a toddler who needs to be outside

Now this is one happy girl

Throwing the frisbee for Munich

Here they're watching the "sane" parents heading home with their kids before the rain hits

Getting ready for another throw

Clare prefers the "one pant leg up" look

2 comments:

  1. She could not be any cuter! I look forward to those days chasing after my little one and Molls. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I have your playlist on permanently. Love it.

    ReplyDelete