Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Fun

I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can't hypnotize you. ~Jack Handy

Clare seems to love the beach as much as Jonathan and I do, so we headed down on Friday night to enjoy a leisurely, COLD, stroll along the shore.  This was Clare's first real experience actually walking the beach with us, and while she enjoyed the freedom of not being carried the whole time we were there, she was a bit cold as you can see in the pictures below.


"I love walking on the sand"
"...and I love the touching the sand"

"...and I love watching the seagulls"

"I like this beach thing, but it sure is cold out here"
I had to include a picture of what I walked into Saturday morning.  I call it the great newspaper massacre of 2011.  This prompted instant "mom action" and plans were quickly made to get out for a bit.

I guess the best way to read the paper is to spread it ALL out
The weather threatened rain so we needed to go somewhere fun, close and easy.  It didn't take long to decide on the perfect location...the Santa Ana Zoo!  Clare received an annual pass for her birthday and we've been waiting for a good time to start our membership.  We excitedly got ready for our afternoon with the animals.  Clare was dressed in her complete zoo attire (her dress was made with love by Oma and her hat was purchased with love by Gramps and Oma), and we began talking to her about all the animals we'd see.  We piled in the car and made the short drive to the zoo.  We noticed that the excited squeals in the backseat got suspiciously quiet on the way and when we arrived we realized that our little monkey lover was fast asleep.  So, Ms. Clare in her adorable zoo attire caught some (apparently) much needed zzz's in her stroller while Jonathan and I visited the animals.  Now I can't wait to go back during the week when Clare is awake.  The best part is we can pop over to daddy's office for lunch on our zoo days since it isn't too far away.  

Someone was excited to go to the zoo!
"Look at my zoo hat"
Clare was one tired girl!
I'll finish this long post soon, I promise, but first I wanted to mention two things.  We were lucky enough to see uncle Jake and aunt Stephanie on Saturday too.  They are recently engaged and we couldn't be more excited for them.  It was fantastic seeing the glowing couple in person and hearing the wedding details.  We are awfully happy Stephanie is soon to be a Klinger since we can't imagine life without her!


Finally, I wanted to share a quick update of the great "Clare and Munich love affair" following our trip to SF last week.  The two seem to be clingier than ever - and are so grateful to be reunited after 4 whole days apart.  I think Munich was glad for the break (she's older and wiser and knows that absence makes the heart grow fonder), but Clare couldn't wait to get her "dog-dog" back, and has no intention of letting Munich out of her sight any time soon...

Munich makes a great recliner
And is a terrific pillow
Munich thinks that Clare makes a pretty good pillow too
How could we have ever parted these two, even for a few days?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved reading this! It made my crummy day so much less crummy. Clare and Muni are the cutest buddies ever! And the zoo pics are adorable. Donovan is finally resting in his swing. I am so relieved all seems to be better for now. Thank you beyond words for your prayers and willingness to come down here today. You and Jonathan are so amazing and I am sooo blessed to have you two in my life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete