My blog posts have been fairly sporadic lately, but it isn't for lack of action. It's a result of too much action, I suppose. We have been keeping busy as usual, but we're finding that in addition to our own schedules, we are now maintaining Clare's ever-growing social calendar. It seems that Clare has quite an appetite for parties, play-dates and lunches with her friends. This of course is on her "free" days when she isn't at school sponging up the information that her teachers are sharing.
 |
| Inside picnic with our friends while their parents enjoy a well-deserved date night (the best part of this is that we all take turns watching each other kids...so we ALL get date nights, eventually!) |
 |
| I can't believe how big this girl of mine has gotten. |
 |
| I love Clare's fake smile - she always looks pained. |
 |
| Just hanging out with cousin Abigail |
In the meantime, Ms. Laurel is keeping us all on our toes. Laurel's personality keeps us all hopping. She is quite the little firecracker who demands attention. She is funny as can be, and despite her feistiness, she is a tender, loving little girl. I am in shock that she is gearing up to celebrate her 2nd birthday and it is bittersweet to think that my baby is only 4 months younger than Clare was when Laurel was born. It seems my little girls are growing up way too fast.
 |
| My sweet baby is getting so big. |
 |
| Laurel put herself in "time out" and this is how I found her. I'd like to put myself into time out too...if this is where I end up! |
 |
| This is how Laurel earns her keep when Clare has her friends over. |
 |
| I love it when I catch Laurel acting just like her big sister. |
These girls are certainly our primary form of entertainment and joy. They are also quite a handful. It is fun watching them interact with each other now that Laurel can communicate and hold her own.
 |
| Happy Easter |
 |
| Go Angels |
And now, for the picture you've all been waiting for. The most awkward forced smiles of all time, caught in one perfect snap...
This one makes my day, EVERY time I look at it!
As much as I'd love to end this post on that note and with those funny faces, I thought now would be a good time to share some video of my two little monkeys. It's been a while since I've had the patience to wait for a video to upload in Blogger (ha!), so to whet your appetites, I've attached a couple short clips. The first is a sweet video of the girls taking a walk and discussing their naps on a sunny and warm winter day (I love CA weather!). Following that is one of the girls dancing on the streets of San Francisco on St. Patrick's day.
On my gosh....did you hear my laugh all the way to your home???? I laughed SOOOO loud, I scared myself. PRICELESS pic....priceless post. Give those girls a big kiss from Oma and Grampie!!!!! XXXX
ReplyDelete