Wednesday, March 5, 2014

We're Still Here!



I officially apologize for neglecting my blog.  I have been more busy than usual with work and the blog has sadly been the first sacrifice in my quest for finding time.  I intend to be more attentive to the important things now that I've caught my breath, like keeping everyone updated (and maintaining a written record) of our adventures.

I believe when I last posted, I promised a re-cap of our holiday season part 2...but so much time has past, I think that it is a lost cause.

Here's the Cliff's Notes Version - We were busy!  The girls opened many gifts, we hosted and attended many holiday functions, and we all were sick as we rung in the New Year.

In the interest of time, I will also skip over the entire month of January, and get right to the very end of February.  Clare and Jonathan celebrated their birthdays.

For the past 4 years, it has rained on February 27th and the surrounding weekend, making birthday parties a bit of a struggle for poor Clare.  This year, Jonathan and I tricked the weather and held her birthday party the weekend before her birthday, and that proved to be a BRILLIANT plan!  We decided to keep her party small and only invite her closest friends and our immediate family.  The way I see it is Clare is FOUR.  She doesn't care about all the hoop-lah.  All she wants is a play date and a bounce house...oh, and balloons, lot's of pink and cupcakes.

The result was a very relaxed afternoon at the house.  The bounce house was a hit with all the kids, and the party was so good that everyone stuck around long after the sun went down (it helps that Clare's friends parents are our friends, too)

Here are some pictures of our 4 year old (sniff, sniff...how is she FOUR?!?!?) celebrating her big day.





















Boy am I glad we celebrated when we did, because when the big day hit, so did the storm of the year. And, as luck would have it, that storm continued through the weekend...which would have been when we normally would have planned Clare's party.  

We celebrated Jonathan and Clare's birthday by meeting Anne and Jim for breakfast before school and work.  




Look at that rain...



3 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting again...and that is just my ALL TIME favorite photo of Clare. We sure did have LOTS of fun. Looking forward to tomorrow when I get to see the girls, and their very sweet parents. Love you. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see this -- I check often for news of you all.... You are healthy, happy and gorgeous! We think of you often and hope to see you soon... xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her birthday party was so much fun! You guys are seriously the BEST hosts around. I can't believe your little Clare is a great big 4 now!!! Love you all so, so much.

    ReplyDelete