Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On The Run...

Clare "got herself packed up" for the crazy month of travel, and fell asleep in the process

To give a very quick update...the Dease ladies have been a busy crew these past few weeks. We tagged along with Jonathan to a conference at La Costa (hooray) and then spent 10 days in the desert taking care of Grammy following her recent back surgery.  

We returned home on Wednesday, cleaned, did a little laundry and packed our bags for a trip to San Francisco. I am actually writing this post on my iPhone at John Wayne airport waiting for our flight to be allowed to leave (fog delay).  Our time away has been equal parts relaxing, fun and exhausting.  We'll be posting a more informative and fun filled post once life slows down a bit, but until then here are a few pictures of our adventurous two weeks (including the infamous snake sighting at my mom's house).

First, La Costa...


Relaxing at La Costa

Clare feeding Laurel...

...burping Laurel...

...and, cuddling Laurel.  What a great babysitter

This is how Clare likes to spend her time when she's not caring for Laurel.


On to Grammie's...

This snake struck my mom's dog, Spencer.  He came in the house limping and we couldn't figure out what happened.  Then I heard Munich barking angrily outside.  When I looked out the window, I saw her and this guy in a face-off.  I got Munich in before any further strikes could occur.  Thankfully,  this isn't a rattler - just a 4.5 ft long gopher snake.  Spencer has made a full recovery and the snake is no longer a resident in my mom's front yard.  

More sister bonding

Clare is an artist...and her first canvas is already hanging in the girls room at Grammie's house.

We got to play with friends and Ayden was particularly good with Laurel

Clare and I played Mickey Mouse Yahtzee

These girls spend hours sitting with Grammie while she started her recovery

The sunsets were beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see Laurel with her eyes open, since she was determined to doze through most of our visit! Looking forward to seeing more of your trip and to see you all very soon. xo L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all....except the snake. YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete