Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Dease Pictures

Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.  ~ Carrie Fisher

We're closing in on the halfway point of this pregnancy (hip-hip-hooray!!!!) and since all things are normal so far, we are on track for only 3 ultrasounds.  I look at each ultrasound as a measurement of the pregnancy and I have to say, this pregnancy seems to be going pretty quickly so far.  I was 9 weeks, 5 days pregnant at my first ultrasound and we hadn't shared the news with anyone yet.  While it's always fun to see a picture of your baby, that one was pretty uneventful.  Baby Dease resembled a gray kidney bean and while I instantly fell in love with his or her obvious good looks (ahem), there is a reason we didn't post a picture because I think that the general population would be pretty unimpressed by it.

Baby Dease - 9 weeks, 5 days
Today we went in for ultrasound number 2.  I am now 18 weeks, 5 days pregnant and this baby looks like a baby.  It's amazing how much growth takes place in only 9 weeks.  Baby Dease has bones, arms, legs, nose, ears and, according to our technician, is either extremely camera shy (not likely knowing this family) or is stubborn (more like it...).  However, with a little patience, some poking, prodding and even rolling over onto my side, we got the shots we needed and wanted (and skipped the shots we didn't want), so without further delay, here are a couple pictures of our baby (I am trying not to include the "boring" shots like spine, heart, kidneys, etc, but for all I know these are pretty boring for you all too, in which case, feel free to skip this post and join us next week when I take a break from being a gushing mom-to-be and return to being just a gushing mom):

Baby Dease is waving "hi" to us

Here is baby's seemingly large foot

And a picture of one already adorable baby
So, that's the progress to date.  Baby is right on track and is moving like crazy (seriously, LIKE CRAZY).  In fact, this baby is so strong already that last week Jonathan could even feel movement.  I mentioned this during the ultrasound today because Baby D. wasn't being too cooperative and was rolling all over the place and the tech told me that she didn't remember where the placenta was with Clare, but in this case, it's pretty low which means I'm carrying low.  According to her, this tends to make the movement feel stronger than when you carry high.  There's a little morsel of info for all of you gender guessers out there.

For any of you who are like Jonathan and can't really make heads or tails out of the images on the ultrasound, I'm throwing in a couple shots of Baby D's two big sisters, Clare and Munich, as a reward for suffering through this post about my unborn child...


Clare falling off the "cliff" at the beach
And loving every second of it.
Big Sister Munich
Remembering back when she was an only child, "those were the days"
 Now, I'm off to pack our bags.  Clare and I are flying out to Denver tomorrow and I've got a ton of stuff to do before the day completely gets away from me.

1 comment:

  1. I call BOY!!!! Big and Bouncy... it's a boy.
    Just sayin'.
    Can't wait to see him! and you, and Clare and Jonathan... and Muni too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete